Tropico 4 is a strategy city-building videogame developed by Haemimont Games and published by Kalypso Media. It’s the latest installment of the Tropico series, which has gone through three different studios to wind up in Haemimont’s hands, the team that developed the third Tropico and now tries again with a game that relies on many elements of the previous one, something that has benefits, but also some disadvantages.
Tropico 4 is much deeper than it seems, but it displays all its contents in a friendly way
The aim of Tropico 4 is the same as in previous versions: you play the role of El Presidente (The President), the ultimate authority in a little corner of the Caribbean where you must control the management of this small nation by constructing buildings, managing the economy and taking care of (or not) all the different social groups. Tropico 4 is much deeper than it seems, but it displays all its contents in a friendly way that allows you to get used to its options step by step.
A Little Piece of Heaven
Tropico 4 offers so many ways in which you can turn your little island into an important city, as it allows a wide range of gaming styles. The most common way to start is to build houses for the citizens, then create industries that generate different jobs, wealth and basic resources, which will serve as stepping stone to creating basic services and leisure buildings. At this point, Tropico 4 gives you many choices for your sprawling city: you are free to create a little social paradise where equality and comfort are the main goals, but also a tyranny with soldiers and secret police taking care of rebels.
This choice between tyrant and beloved leader is only a generalization of the wide range of possibilities that Tropico 4 offers. The way people will see you depends on the little decisions that you make. As expected, citizens want something more than a hub and a place to work hard for a miserable wage, they need to feel that things are getting better and their descendants will have a bright future. To achieve this, you will have to build schools to educate children, clinics that help to maintain a good health, better workplaces and luxurious houses. The hard part is to earn enough money to carry these projects out; the way you earn this money is what will define you as a good leader or a mediocre president.
Tropico 4 Features
Check out the features of this strategy title before you download it on your PC:
- Become El Presidente and turn your small island into a thriving city by managing its resources and citizens
- Amazing soundtrack with true Caribbean-flavored tunes
- Campaign mode with twenty missions set in ten different islands
- Generate your own random island and customize its size, vegetation, mineral resources and terrain elevation
- Twenty new buildings including the stock market, malls, an aquatic park and a mausoleum
- National agenda: receive objectives from different factions or foreign empires to win their favour
If you are interested in this strategy game and need further information before you download it on your PC, feel free to check the
The minimum system requirements to download and run this title on your PC are:
- Operating system: Windows XP or later
- Processor: 2GHz Dual Core processor
- RAM memory: 1GB or higher
- Video card: Nvidia GeForce6600 or AMD equivalent
- Hard disk: 5 GB of free space