Starbound is an indie RPG sandbox videogame developed by Chucklefish Games. It is available for Windows PC, Mac OS and Linux systems. This title follows in the wake of a new trend that is tending now to be a bit overused: sandbox crafting videogames. These titles are addictive and rely on a huge fan base, so we can expect to see loads of them in the next few years. Starbound reminds us of another indie sandbox that has pretty much the same gameplay mechanics: Terraria. However, Starbound offers some unique features that try to set this title apart from dozens of similar games such as the sci-fi setting and a wide range of planets you're able to visit.
Starbound starts with you (your character) being forced to leave your birth planet, as it is destroyed by an unknown enemy. Lost in the hugeness of space, you board in your spacecraft and travel through space without a destination, floating alone in a sea of stars. Luckily, your ship makes contact with an abandoned space station, and this is how your adventure begins. You will fly across the universe in search of a new planet to live on.
To Infinity and Beyond
In Starbound, you have to explore lots of procedurally generated planets. These planets have unique characteristics, as well as different themes. Each planet has its own coordinates. Those can be shared so other players can visit planets belonging to other universes. Planets are unique; they have different terrains, weather conditions, day and night cycles, gravity levels, enemies, materials, backgrounds…
In Starbound, you have to explore lots of procedurally generated planets
This title offers a massive range of content thanks to the procedural generation. Starbound brings you main missions that are directly related to your story and side quests that are randomly generated. You are free to explore the worlds, fight against enemies, interact with the environment and change the terrain of the planets. There are many ways to customize your character, and your class will be determined by your equipment, so choose it wisely.
Starbound Full Version Features
Here you can check out the features of this addictive title before you download it:
- Explore a 2D retro-style universe full of dangers and wonders
- Manage and decorate your own spaceship to travel through space in style
- Seven races available: Apex, Avians, Florans, Humans, Hylotl, Glitch and Novakids
- Control the matter: Use your matter manipulator to make your way through obstacles or transform them into useful materials
- Craft different items and weapons to survive dangerous enemies
- Loads of procedurally generated planets that you can share with your friends
If you are interested in this indie game and need further information before you download it, feel free to check the developer’s official website.
The minimum system requirements to download and run this addictive sandbox are:
- Operating system: Windows XP or later
- Processor: Intel Core2 Duo or AMD equivalent
- RAM memory: 2 GB or higher
- Video card: 256 MB graphics DirectX 9.0c compatible GPU
- Hard disk: 3 GB of free space
QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS
I just want to play games for fun and because I'm a gamer too that enjoys playing many survival-crafting/sandbox games cause I like to build stuffs
Starbound is awesome. An 2D world was never going out to space and galaxy, its greatly big. Many planets to discover and explore with 7 race