There is a common user belief that Mac OS X works great with images, videos and sound editors due to the native tools Apple’s Operating System has included since earlier versions. For this reason, Pixelmator makes the most of it integrating itself into the OS X core, benefiting from the default applications of the system such as iPhoto and iSight hardware among other components. Developed by the Pixelmator Team, this photo editing software optimizes its performance to the next level, offering high-quality effects and an advanced and comfortable work style.
Pixelmator bases its workflow on the current layer-based style, allowing for the modification of several elements placed on the same image on different levels. You can retouch each layer individually with professional-grade effects and pixel-accurate tools that make difficult tasks near-effortless. The interface of Pixelmator shows each tool window separately from the main image window so you can customize the workspace the way you feel most comfortable, perfect for managing your space on big screens.
The experience of working with Pixelmator is something that can’t be compared to any other due to the full integration with OS X
Pixelmator outstands due to its high performance, optimized for Mac OS X machines, and that is something noticeable by the time it takes until it is launched, just a couple seconds, much faster than any Adobe Photoshop version for this Operative System. Although both applications look similar in the interface and in some of the tools they include, Pixelmator makes the Apple’s system its home. The experience of working with Pixelmator is something that can’t be compared with any other due to the full integration with OS X, making it seem like an extension of the system.
A brand new world of tools
Pixelmator works with every high-quality image format you have in mind like PSD files, WebP or RAW files. This is clearly necessary for making the most of your work with the best raw material you can find. For this reason, you can find popular tools to remix, repair or design new pictures, but if the tool you need is not included you can always download and install additional plugins for the host program.
Among the default tools, you can use the Layer styles which really stand out from the rest of the tools. You can create in just an instant theme for a layer, with really impressive details and you can apply this to the outlines, to the whole layer or just create shadows in an easy way with a great number of options for customizing it.
The color adjustment Pixelmator provides gives you full control of this aspect, with astonishing details for your artistic works. The retouching tools are one of the things that attract the attention of everyone that uses Pixelmator. The Liquify Tools allow users to create new forms in original ways like warping, bumping or twirling elements of an image. Besides the popular healing tool, the detailed Type Tool, free Shapes and the intelligent selecting tools make Pixelmator the elegant and breathtaking retouch application that every Mac user should try rather than limiting their use to the same programs.
Pixelmator 3.3 Features
This is the list with the main features you can find in this photo editing software:
- Complete integration with the OS X system making use of iSight and iLife components for taking more content or using system utilities like the Automator
- Fully optimized for Mac Pro computers benefitting from the 16-bit support, dual GPU and its powerful Intel Xeon E5
- Non-destructive and easy-to-use layer effects and styles for improving less-than-perfect pictures almost effortlessly
- Create beautiful works from less with the large variety of brushes for realistic painting and pixel art
- Improve your color editing with its technical adjustments for creating the color you love
- Make better use of the Core Image technology, OpenCL framework for graphic processing and 64-bits processors
- Professional and inspirational effects fully customizable with professional results in real time
- Free tutorials available from experts in the developing team for enhancing your skills with the photo editing software
- Download additional tools and insert them into the core program thanks to the plugin support
For additional information about Pixelmator, check out its official website through this link before the download.
These are the minimum system requirements for your Mac to run Pixelmator:
- OS: OS X 10.9 Mavericks installed
- CPU: Intel 64-bit based processor
- Memory: 2GB RAM or more
- Size: 39MB free space