Udemy is a learning app that offers unlimited and lifetime access to almost 10,000 on-demand courses online. This utility will allow you to further a passion, get promoted or break into a new industry without needing to get involved with in-person workshops or academies. With Udemy you can learn at your own pace and in your own time, even if you are offline.
Unlimited and lifetime access to almost 10,000 on-demand courses online
New courses are published every month, so you will never run out of content. Udemy includes both free and paid courses. There are a wide variety of categories to choose from, including Technology, Business, Design, Social Sciences, and more. Udemy syncs across devices, so you can pick up where you left off, no matter if you are using a mobile phone, a tablet, or a desktop computer. The greatest thing about this app is that teachers are real experts and professionals on the field, something that is a guarantee of success. Udemy is a worthy competitor nowadays of similar learning services like Coursera, CreativeLIVE or Lynda.
How does it work?
Once you are done with the download and setup process of Udemy, the first thing you should do is sign in. You can create a new account or use Facebook. Then, you will see that the courses are divided into 15 different categories: Tech, Design, Arts and Photography, Business, Health and Fitness, Lifestyle, Education, Math and Science, Languages, Social Sciences, Humanities, Music, Crafts and Hobbies, Games, Sports and Other. However, in the top half of the interface you will also find four sections: Featured, New & Noteworthy, Top Paid and Certification Track.
You can decide whether to sort them by price (free or paid), language (there are 7 different languages supported) or popularity. After having applied all these filters, it is the moment to choose the format for displaying the course. PowerPoint presentation, ZIP, PDF, audio or live classes are some of the available types.
Udemy 1.8 Features
The unique features of this app are:
- Over 10,000 courses available and new ones added every month
- Ability to earn a certification that proves you have studied the materials and followed the lessons
- Offline viewing (if the content has been previously saved)
- 15 different lessons categories
- Synchronization across devices thanks to cloud services
- Community of around 2,000,000 people to share impressions and opinions
- Several formats to display content: PDF, ZIP, PPT, audio or streaming
- Support for seven languages: English, French, Spanish, Chinese, Portuguese, Korean and Turkish
- Multiple speeds available to watch video lectures even faster (for iOS only)
If you want to read more information about Udemy before you download it, feel free to visit the developer’s site.
The minimum system requirements to correctly download and install Udemy are listed below:
- iOS 5.0 or later
- Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch
- Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich or later
Udemy online classes taught for real world skill building, By James Meyette
By James Meyette
On Tuesday, July 22, 2014
Udemy an appication for IOS and Android, as well as having a web based course platform is built for e-learning and uses the MOOC style but is not like traditional MOOC platforms as they allow you (as an instructor) to host paid or free courses. The courses can be on any topic of your choice and you upload them with pdf, audio, or zip files as the instructor you earn 97% of all tuition if it was your actions that brought the students to you but Udemy will retain 50% if it came through the refferal program.
As a student at “The academy of you.” you can take any course that you would like either for free or pay the tuition fee which ranges usually between $29 to $99. With this said learning through Udemy can be pretty affordable hopefully the instructor was able to actually teach you something =).
Udemy has been reviewed in:The New York Times, China Post, Fast Company, and Tech Crucnch, and is said to offer an experience that is nearly as good as what you will get from going to college courses.
You can even find MBA course their from the popular businessman Jack Welch, and is used by JWMI(Jack Welch Management institute) as the “Welch Way course ware.
Talk about a popular platform. You can find a link to their website at Udemy as well as downloading the Android or IOS application from the corresponding marketplace.
- Amazing and well known platform
- Easy to find what you are looking for and a lot of free options
- Easy to earn money if you have something to teach
- You lose more than 75% of the tuition fee if your course was found through a referral link